Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Newest of new...

Finally our little boy is here. It was a very long pregnancy for me, and for everyone else involved. My poor family had to put up with a lot. I was on modified bedrest for 8 weeks! I was also on Terbutatline for 8 weeks!! This medication was to stop contractions I was having. Talk about a long pregnancy...I went on 3 ambulance rides to the ER with bleeding, first time at 31 weeks, then 34, and then finally at 36 weeks. Oh yeah, that was fun. Thankfully the one at 36 weeks was the last one. We have had so many people praying for us, people I haven't even met! We are so greatful for this. God has seen us through this whole thing and we are so blessed to have a healthy son. His name is Benjamin Scott. He weighed 6#13oz, 19" long, born April 13th! Not bad for 4 weeks early. :)) If I had gone full-term he would have been huge! Ben is doing so well. When he came out, he was breathing on his own, and was doing well. They kept him for a few days to make sure he didn't have problems later. We couldn't be any happier!! Ben is the best baby!! So far he is very happy, and just sleeps away and wakes up for feedings. This is definelty making it a lot easier on me and I am able to get pretty good sleep. :)) yeah for that!! Let's hope he stays this easy. :) So here are a few pictures of Benjamin in his first few days. Thank you everyone for all your help and prayers during my pregnancy!!
Happy Birthday!
5 days old
6 days old

No comments: